There are some possibilities when sharing Instagram Stories and this leads us to publish a simple method on how to share Instagram stories. You can share a Story in your feed, in your Stories, or even on Facebook. And while it may seem like a basic function for an Insta user, knowing how to share Instagram Stories is critical to marketing results on this social network.
If you want to know how this type of sharing can benefit your strategy and how to do it, in practice, come with us in this post!
How to share Instagram Stories, and what are its advantages?
In addition to being able to deliver relevant content from other Instagram profiles to your audience, you can also use Stories sharing to:
Yes, you can enjoy a Story you made for Instagram on Facebook. And if the content is designed for it, the strategy can work.
Remember they have storytelling features that are unique to Instagram, ok? So if you post a poll story on Instagram, it won’t work on Facebook.
Strengthen relationships with influencers and partners
More than money, Instagram’s digital influencers want to increase their power of influence.
This means that having your content shared on other channels – especially those that talk about the same themes as your influencer – can be very valuable. The more “qualified” people have access to the influencer’s content, the more likely they are to be seen and followed.
And this is what every digital influencer wants: more qualified followers and greater power of influence.
By sharing relevant Stories from Influencers for free, you open the door to a relationship that can have many positive developments for the brand.
Here at Hivamedia, we make a point of sharing stories from people who are marketing authorities. And it’s not a coincidence that many of them are true ambassadors for Hivamedia on social media. It is a sincere partnership relationship that involves no payment from us.
Give your audience a voice
A person who takes the time to produce content by citing, complimenting, or referencing your brand deserves – at the very least – your attention.
Here at Hivamedia we share the Stories generated by our customers with much consideration, especially those who recommend our tool in some way. We even have an Instagram highlight dedicated to the subject: “who approves.”
Believe me, your customers and followers are your main marketing asset.
Which channels can I share a story with?
You can share it on different channels, such as Instagram feed itself or even Facebook. It all depends on whether the content is relevant.
But, as we mentioned earlier if you make a Story that only works using a feature, such as a thermometer, poll, or question, of course, it won’t be functional for another social network.
Now, if the text and image are more flexible and general, they can work on Facebook, the Insta feed, even the Story itself. What counts is that well-known motto: content is king!
How to share Instagram story on Facebook?
Once you understand some of the benefits of sharing Instagram Stories, it’s time to get your hands dirty.
To share a Story of yours on Facebook, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Make your Stories normally in Insta. Anything goes, can be photo, boomerang, focus, superzoom, video.
- Step 2: Click on the “… more” button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: Now choose the option “Story Setting,” and then the button will appear for you to enable sharing on Facebook.
Did you see it?! With just a few clicks, you can cross-post from Instagram Stories to Facebook Stories.
Friendly Tip: This sharing option is not available for an Instagram business profile, only for personal accounts.
But with social media tool, you can schedule Stories on Instagram and set up direct sharing on Facebook – for personal and business accounts! Just access the “Settings” option from the scheduling screen and click “Share on Facebook Story.”
Can you share a story in the feed?
Of course, there is! After app updates, you can share both videos and photos from your Story straight to the Insta feed. To make it easy, just follow this walkthrough:
- Step 1: You can do the Story you want and post to your social network, as you normally do.
- Step 2: Preview your Story and click at the bottom where it says “… more”.
- Step 3: Choose “Share as Post.”
- Step 4: Position the Story in any way you like. If it’s video, you still choose whether it will go up in the feed with or without audio.
- Step 5: Click “Next” to add some filter, subtitle, tag people, or add location.
- Step 6: Before sharing on the Insta feed, you still have a chance to cross this Story on Facebook, Twitter, and even Tumblr.
Extra tip: When you share in the feed, the image for this post will not go live after 24 hours, as it does in Stories. That is, if you want your followers to no longer to see the post, you will have to delete it manually.
Can I also share a feed post on Stories?
Yes, and this strategy is very good! If you make a feed post that deserves to be shared and get more attention from your followers, it is worth posting it in the Stories too.
Another option is to share a friend or third party’s post in your Stories, as long as that user has an open profile and allows their content to be re-shared.
The walkthrough for these two options, both sharing your own post and someone else’s, is the same. Check it out:
- Step 1: Go to the profile photo you want to share and click it.
- Step 2: Click on the paper plane below the image.
- Step 3: Choose the option “Add Post to Your Story.”
- Step 4: Edit the Story; however, you like. It may include text, emoji, gif, or other functionality.
- Step 5: Post the Story, and you’re done!
How to share stories in which the brand or user is cited?
It’s very common for consumers or friends to post stories and end up tagging your profile. Did you know that when this happens, you can repost your own story? It’s just a few steps. Come and see:
- Step 1: Whenever someone marks your profile, a notification will appear for you. Click this alert and open the message.
- Step 2: Just above the Story you have been tagged, the option “Add this to your story” will appear.
- Step 3: Click on this option, edit the Story however, you like and post it to your profile.
Many brands are using this feature and sharing their consumers’ photos, videos, and boomerangs on their own profile.
Can you share Stories from the story archive?
Yes, yes, in addition to all these options we have already talked about, you can still share a Story from your own file. It’s four quick and super-practical steps.
- Step 1: Access your profile normally and click on the clock icon located at the top of the screen.
- Step 2: View your archived items and choose which one you want to post.
- Step 3: Click on the chosen one and then the option “Share”. Then edit the Story however you like.
- Step 4: Send the file, as you do in all Stories, and that’s it!
You have come this far and can already consider yourself an expert that knows how to share Instagram stories. But, it is not enough to know this to have good results in this social network! Having good strategies for Instagram and using a good social media management tool is key! And if you have any questions, use the comments to ask!