TRAC Tire Services is now hiring for early first shift or third shift positions to operate various machinery in plant located in Florence, KY.
The retreading process starts when old tires are received into the facility. These tires are dis-mounted and cleared of any tubes, flaps or valve stems. A safety inspection of the tire is preformed and if passed the old tread is then buffed away, and a new rubber tread is applied to the bare “casing” using specialized machinery. After curing the tires in a chamber to secure the new tread a final inspection is done with any branding or painting to complete the process.
- Ensure station is cleaned and stocked and equipment is working properly before and after all shifts
- Consistently meet or exceed standard metrics per day for each position (tires inspected, tubes pulled, etc)
- Work well in a team environment, employees may be asked to work multiple positions some days in order to meet daily goals.
- Show up to work timely and consistently to ensure your shift does not lose productivity due to staffing shortages.
- Ability to work in facility that is NOT temperature controlled: Hot in the summer months and Cold in the winter months.
- Can frequently bend, twist and lift objects over 50 – 100 pounds on a regular basis. 100+ pounds of pressure when pushing tires.
- Must be able to work standing up and do repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Commercial Tires is preferred
- High school diploma or GED